This program is run by a Registered Nurse.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are interested in making lifestyle changes to maintain your bone health and to reduce your risk of fractures (broken bones)
- You have been told that you have low bone mass, osteoporosis or risk factors for osteoporosis
- You have fallen more than once in the last year
WHAT THE OSTEOPOROSIS PROGRAM HAS TO OFFER:
The goal of the osteoporosis program is to help you take care of your bones.
Education sessions focus on:
- Bone basics and an evaluation of your fracture risk
- Healthy nutrition, including calcium and vitamin D
- Exercise and falls prevention
- Role of medication in treating osteoporosis, if you are a candidate for such treatment
- Community resources available to those with low bone mass, osteoporosis and/or high falls risk
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Virgil – You can self-refer by calling 289.272.0180 to make an appointment or fill out our online program request form.
✓ This group is open to all patients of the Niagara North Family Health Team