NOTL Urgent Volunteers Needed
Board of Directors – Community Members
The Niagara-on-the-Lake division of the new Niagara North Family Health Team (NNFHT) seeks two Niagara-on-the-Lake community members for its Board of Directors.
The NNFHT, which will constitute the joining of the Niagara-on-the-Lake and Garden City Family Health Teams, will be a not for profit corporation, providing multidisciplinary health care services to over 30,000 patients, including 13,000 Niagara-on-the-Lake residents.
Ideally, candidates will have a strong interest in advancing health care services to residents of the Niagara North region and in guiding the strategic direction of the organization. Prior experience as a board member along with a background of work in the areas of community relations, health care, legal, strategic planning, and organizational effectiveness will be assets.
Please apply in writing by sending your resume no later than (March 31st 2017) to:
PO Box 777, 1882 Niagara Stone Road
Niagara-on-the-Lake L0S 1J0
or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Niagara North Family Health Team. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This will be no later than April 17th, 2017.
Volunteer Opportunities in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Over the next few months we will be looking for the following types of volunteers:
- Quality Improvement Committee – We need 2 volunteers who are interested in Quality Improvement to sit on our Quality Improvement Committee. Time involved is 1-2 hours per meeting with approximately 6 meetings per year. Projects include looking at things like patient satisfaction, wait times, access to services, clinical targets and other aspects of patient care.
- Patient Advisory Committee – We need 8-10 interested individuals to form a pateint advisory committee. The group will set up its own meeting schedule (likely evenings) and will meet 4-5 times per year. The group will provide a pateint perspective on FHT education materials, patient handbook, programs and services, quality improvement pland and other FHT functions. Input from this committee will be taken to the Board of Directors.
- Board of Directors – The Niagara North FHT will be looking for 2 community members to sit on the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors meets each quarter as well as having an annual general meeting in June. More information and a call for applications will be posted in March. Meetings will alternate between St. Catharines and Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- General Volunteers – If you are interested in working on newsletters, providing administrative support, organizing workshops, health fairs or local educational speakers please let us know and we will help support this work. Time commitment could be as much to as little as you want.
- Focus Group Discussions – We will look for 20-30 individuals willing to give 2 hours of their time on a one-time basis. Small group discussions will be used to determine ideas for program and services improvement and innovative ways to continue to serve the community.
Please send a letter with your skill and areas of interest together with your expected level of time commitment to Mary Keith, Executive Director, at any location of the Niagara North Family Health Team or to 145 Carlton Street, St. Catharines Ontario L2R 1R5, or call 905.988.9617 x229 or email email@example.com